WHAT IS A DENTAL BRIDGE?
A dental bridge is a device used to replace missing teeth. We attach it to adjacent teeth that you already have. Adding a bridge will ensure teeth alignment, ability to chew and of course help you maintain your perfect smile. We offer removable bridges, which clasp on to other teeth to stay put and we also offer permanent bridges that are bonded in place or connected with the use of a crown.
ARE YOU MISSING A TOOTH?
We at DHC understand the importance of a confident smile, so if you are missing one or more teeth you are aware of the cosmetic appearance. More so, the importance of replacing missing teeth can be found when eating and talking, as these activities can become difficult. A bridge can help you regain confidence in your smile while ensuring your day to day activities return to normal.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- We inspect your mouth to ensure a bridge is the best solution
- Prepare adjacent teeth to ensure it can support a bridge
- Use an impression of your teeth to create the bridge and ensure the best fit
- Have bridge put in!
- How is it attached? Fixed bridges are typically cemented to teeth adjacent to the space from the missing tooth
- How long does it take? It can take multiple appointments to ensure that the bridge is not only made precisely but also can be put in precisely while not affecting the opposite tooth, overbite, etc.
- How are they made? A bridge can be made of gold alloy, porcelain, non-precious alloys or even a mix of these materials.
- Maintenance? Strict brushing and flossing are required to keep the bridge and surrounding teeth clean. The surrounding teeth support the bridge, so their health is particularly important.
Whether choosing a removable or fixed bridge our goal is to ensure your oral health as well as a great looking smile! Call DHC for more information.